Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 - The Year of Inspiration

New Years, the time of year when millions of people all across America resolve to do things that they will have forgotten about by February 1st! Just kidding... sort of ;) Last year my one resolution was to not have any resolutions. There may have been some pregnancy hormones at play bringing out my rebellious, stick-it-to-conventional-practices side, but irregardless that's what I said. While that was probably a realistic decision for where I was at at the time, I have to say that it wasn't very gratifying to arrive at the end of the year and not be able to look back on how I'd done or see if I had met some specific goals. Unless of course, the goal was to survive, push out a baby sans-drugs, and soak up every single second I possibly could of that little girl's miraculous existence. To which I can proudly say: #nailedit. Resolutions or not, I think I can safely say 2015 was a really good year! That said, I am now very inspired to jump back on the New Years resolutions bandwagon with passion and expectancy for all that is waiting for me in this upcoming year.

A daughter after my mother's heart, I decided to write a "mission statement" to summarize my ultimate intention for this year, and I thought I would share it with you here, along with my resolutions:

In 2016, I want to be a faithful seeker and savorer of Jesus Christ. I will strive to find grace, wonder, and inspiration as I thoughtfully interact with the world and the people in it. I will purpose to make Jesus the center of all that I think, say, and do as I make the best use of the time He has given me. I will be intentional in my actions and present with my attention.

My Resolutions:
1. I will be physically active daily, outdoors (whenever possible), for at least 30 minutes.

2. I will take one photo a day.

3. I will read many books, thoughtfully.
  • At last one fiction and one non-fiction per month
  • Write a blog post about each one

4. I will blog and journal faithfully.
  • Minimum of 2x per week

For me, this year is about setting a direction and running after it. I don’t want to just do things. Rather, I want to do all that I can in a way that is intentional and inspiring. I want to take hold of the moments. I want to walk in the joy that comes from bringing Christ into all that I do. I am praying that 2016 is the year…

of long walks and talks with my Savior.
of learning to submerse myself in the grace I have been given in Christ.
of holding myself and others to a standard of grace rather than perfection.
of bringing majesty into the mundane through music, sermons, and audiobooks.
of learning to love what must be done.
of enjoying the artistry and beauty all around me that is a reflection of our creative Maker.
of proactively pursuing and creatively resting.
of inspiring others through my  journey to long for more of Jesus in their own lives.

Hopefully, as I seek after all that, at the end of the year I will be able to look back and see tangible ways that the Lord has grown me. I know that I’m going to fail often. I have an unshakeable idealism in my mind that is excellent for brainstorming and daydreaming about the future, but that makes reality a hard pill to swallow when the rubber meets the road. But I’m going to hold on to the hope that the Holy Spirit is working in me, and that He is the giver of godly desires. When my desires align with His will, His answer will always be, “Yes.”


What are you resolving to do in 2016? Whatever it may be, I pray that each of us prioritize faithfully seeking Christ with all of our hearts, minds, and souls above all else... and then trust Him with the results!

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment